Mount Sinai and Saint Catherine hold powerful significance for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam alike. You’ll come to understand why as you explore a beautiful area that is off the beaten path. Although most tourists don’t make it to these sites, those who do are rewarded with an incredible and moving experience.
Our Mount Sinai and Saint Catherine Tour will take you to two of the most significant sites in the Middle East, places that both pilgrims and travelers have been venturing to for centuries. You will depart from the Egyptian border in the wee hours of the morning, traveling through Egypt’s majestic Sinai desert toward Saint Catherine, which lies at the foot of Mount Sinai.
Mount Sinai is where Moses is believed to have received the Ten Commandments in biblical times, and Saint Catherine is one of the oldest active Christian monasteries in the world. You will tour the monastery, seeing the infamous skull room and olive grove. Here you can also visit the location of the famous burning bush, where God spoke to Moses in the Bible, as well as the Well of Jethro’s Daughters. After visiting Saint Catherine, you’ll enjoy lunch in an authentic Bedouin village. Time permitting, you’ll stop at the Red Sea resort town of Nuweiba on your way back for some swimming or snorkeling in the crystal clear waters.
Private Mount Sinai and Saint Catherine Tour Highlights
Private Mount Sinai and Saint Catherine Tour Itinerary
- Those coming from Israel must arrive at the Taba Border and cross on your own to meet your driver on the Egyptian side. Those staying in Taba will also meet the driver at the border. Those departing from the other locations in Egypt may be picked up from their hotels.
- See the Monastery, including the olive grove and skull room.
- Enjoy an authentic Egyptian meal at a local village.
- Stop by a beach resort to refresh yourself in the crystal clear waters.
- Arrive in Taba around 19:00, stopping at the other pickup locations along the way.
If you have any questions about our Private Mount Sinai and Saint Catherine Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Dates marked below in green are still available for booking. Clicking on a date will start your booking process.